Sunday, November 30, 2008

I thought babies were supposed to sleep all night at this age???

My adorable son Killian will be 10 months old on Dec 7th and he is NOT sleeping through the night yet. In fact this child still gets 1 4oz bottle in the middle of the night. With all the baby books I read while pregnant, I did not read about this anywhere!! And I am not alone, my best friend is having the same issue with her adorable daughter. I know I know, there is a million reasons why he isn't here is my top 3:

1. We co-sleep

2. Teething

3. He is torturing his mama and knows what he is doing

My pediatrician brought up a good fact, he said "babies, toddlers, young children will never sleep through the night so to speak, it is always something" " can I have a drink?, I had a bad dream, I peed the bed"....so there you have it, children apparently NEVER sleep through the night and someone forgot to tell me.

No comments: